- Mon, 30 Nov 2015 11:00:00 +0000: Mother Angelica remains on feeding tube, confined to bed - Top Catholic News | AmericanCatholic.org
HANCEVILLE, Ala. (CNS) -- Mother Angelica, who spearheaded the founding of the Eternal Word Television Network, has been placed on a feeding tube as she continues to battle lingering effects of two strokes she suffered 14 years ago.
A spokesman for her order, the Poor Clares of Perpetual Adoration at Our Lady ...
- Sun, 29 Nov 2015 21:00:00 +0000: Pope in Bangui: Open the doors of mercy - Top Catholic News | AmericanCatholic.org
BANGUI, Central African Republic (CNS) -- Put down the weapons of war and work for justice, Pope Francis urged the people of the Central African Republic.
"Even when the powers of hell are unleashed, Christians must rise to the summons, their heads held high, and be ready to brave blows in this ...
- Sun, 29 Nov 2015 17:00:00 +0000: I Was Homeless - Top Catholic News | AmericanCatholic.org
Bible reading has gotten me into trouble over and over again.
This began to happen when I went to live in subsidized housing for two years. There, the social worker, who was the assistant to the director, threatened me with a day-treatment program for the mental health-challenged because, as ...
- Sun, 29 Nov 2015 01:00:00 +0000: Refugees in Lebanon get help at Catholic-run clinic - Top Catholic News | AmericanCatholic.org
BEIRUT (CNS) -- The three Iraqi retirees met up at St. Anthony's medical dispensary to get medication for hypertension, an ailment exacerbated by the stress of life as a refugee.
As they waited their turn, they recalled their life in Qaraqosh, Iraq.
"We celebrated everything together," 70-year-old Wissam told Catholic News Service. ...
- Sat, 28 Nov 2015 01:00:00 +0000: Thanksgiving Should Be a Verb - Top Catholic News | AmericanCatholic.org
Sometimes it’s easier to think of all the bad things—bombings, murders, illness, misfortune—in the world than the good things. But we must realize that there are good things, even in difficult times, for which we can give thanks.
- Fri, 27 Nov 2015 01:00:00 +0000: Feast of Thanks - Top Catholic News | AmericanCatholic.org
Often when asked to name a special family time, people’s responses cluster around meals: Christmas dinner, birthday parties, a vacation cookout by the shore, a wedding banquet. Their intuition is sound: these special times are also sacred times. What better day to celebrate that connection than Thanksgiving?
It’s a holiday ...
- Thu, 26 Nov 2015 01:00:00 +0000: Atlanta archbishop: School choice for all is a human right - Top Catholic News | AmericanCatholic.org
GENEVA (CNS) -- Amendments to the constitutions of some U.S. states are preventing children from low- and middle-income minority families from better educational opportunities than what may be available in public schools, amounting to discrimination, the archbishop of Atlanta told a U.N. committee meeting in Geneva.
In remarks to the Committee on ...
- Wed, 25 Nov 2015 01:00:00 +0000: Journalists claim freedom of press at 'VatiLeaks' trial - Top Catholic News | AmericanCatholic.org
VATICAN CITY (CNS) -- Italian journalists standing trial in a Vatican court defended their right to freedom of the press, while the Vatican prosecution said the way they acquired confidential information was illegal.
All five people accused of involvement in leaking and publishing confidential documents about Vatican finances were present at the ...
- Wed, 25 Nov 2015 01:00:00 +0000: Mali's Catholic leaders: Attack won't hurt relations with Muslims - Top Catholic News | AmericanCatholic.org
OXFORD, England (CNS) -- The secretary-general of Mali's Catholic bishops' conference said he fears the Nov. 20 hotel attack in Bamako forms part of a wider Islamist campaign, but insisted Catholic-Muslim ties will not be affected by the latest violence.
Msgr. Edmond Dembele said the Nov. 20 assault on Bamako's Radisson hotel, ...
- Tue, 24 Nov 2015 01:00:00 +0000: Catholic groups, undeterred by Paris attacks, to attend climate summit - Top Catholic News | AmericanCatholic.org
WASHINGTON (CNS) -- Catholic organizations advocating to protect the world and its people from the impact of climate change said the terror attacks in Paris had not dissuaded them from attending a major U.N. summit there.
"As far as I know, everyone who was planning to go is going. It is ...
St. Francis and St. Tarcicius Catholic Church
Located in Mission Valley:
1st United Methodist
2111 Camino Del Rio South,
San Diego, CA. 92108
Mass 4:00 p.m. on Sundays
For more information contact our Pastor, the Reverend Fr. Jerome Kwasek.
Phone: (619) 295-1740
E-mail Father Jerry
November 2015 Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30