- Wed, 29 Jun 2016 11:00:00 +0000: Faith, tradition highlight First Nation Sunday in Canada - Top Catholic News | AmericanCatholic.org
QUEBEC CITY (CNS) -- Faith and tradition were the highlights of this year's First Nations Sunday at the Basilica of Sainte Anne-de-Beaupre.
In a year marked by political and ethical debates regarding Canada's First Nations, organizers decided to focus on the Christian message and the native peoples' long-standing devotion to St. ...
- Tue, 28 Jun 2016 17:00:00 +0000: Cardinal: Catholic Church has right to be heard in public square - Top Catholic News | AmericanCatholic.org
WASHINGTON (CNS) -- The Catholic Church's teachings on morals and social justice not only have a right to be heard in the public square, but add to creating a better society for all, Washington Cardinal Donald W. Wuerl said during an address at the American Enterprise Institute.
"There are fundamental truths against ...
- Tue, 28 Jun 2016 01:00:00 +0000: Pope: Christians should apologize for helping to marginalize gays - Top Catholic News | AmericanCatholic.org
ABOARD THE PAPAL FLIGHT FROM ARMENIA (CNS) -- Catholics and other Christians not only must apologize to the gay community, they must ask forgiveness of God for ways they have discriminated against homosexual persons or fostered hostility toward them, Pope Francis said.
"I think the church not only must say it is ...
- Mon, 27 Jun 2016 21:00:00 +0000: SCOTUS strikes down regulations on Texas abortion clinics - Top Catholic News | AmericanCatholic.org
WASHINGTON (CNS) -- In a 5-3 vote June 27, the U.S. Supreme Court struck down restrictions on Texas abortion clinics that required them to comply with standards of ambulatory surgical centers and required their doctors to have admitting privileges at local hospitals.
The case, Whole Woman's Health v. Hellerstedt, challenged a 2013 ...
- Mon, 27 Jun 2016 01:00:00 +0000: Christianity is the 'religion of the future,' cardinal tells Irish audience - Top Catholic News | AmericanCatholic.org
DUBLIN (CNS) -- One of Pope Francis' top advisers said during a visit to Ireland that he believes the Christian faith is "the religion of the future" as he mapped out a role for the church in increasingly complex pluralist societies.
Cardinal Reinhard Marx of Munich-Freising, Germany, a member of the pope's ...
- Mon, 27 Jun 2016 01:00:00 +0000: Franciscan priest named apostolic administrator of Jerusalem - Top Catholic News | AmericanCatholic.org
VATICAN CITY (CNS) -- Pope Francis has accepted the resignation of Latin Patriarch Fouad Twal of Jerusalem and appointed Franciscan Father Pierbattista Pizzaballa, former "custos" of the Holy Land, as the apostolic administrator of the Latin Patriarchate of Jerusalem.
The Franciscan will serve as apostolic administrator until the appointment of a new ...
- Sun, 26 Jun 2016 01:00:00 +0000: Bishop tries out homelessness for 36 hours for charity - Top Catholic News | AmericanCatholic.org
SASKATOON, Saskatchewan (CNS) -- Thirty-six hours may not seem like a long time to be without a home, but for Bishop Donald J. Bolen of Saskatoon and nine others, it was long enough to better understand what being homeless is really like.
The bishop, who lives in an apartment in central Saskatoon, ...
- Sat, 25 Jun 2016 01:00:00 +0000: Faith, tried and true, gives hope for future, pope tells Armenians - Top Catholic News | AmericanCatholic.org
YEREVAN, Armenia (CNS) -- A solid, sorrow-tested Christian faith gives believers the strength to overcome even the most horrific adversity, forgive one's enemies and live in peace, Pope Francis said.
Arriving in Armenia June 24, Pope Francis went straight to the twin concerns of his three-day visit: Promoting Christian unity and honoring ...
- Fri, 24 Jun 2016 01:00:00 +0000: Relics seen as reminder of today's threats to religious liberty - Top Catholic News | AmericanCatholic.org
BALTIMORE (CNS) -- Baltimore Archbishop William E. Lori linked urgent matters of "immigration, marriage and the church's teaching on sexuality" to a pair of 16th-century martyrs during a June 21 Mass at the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary in Baltimore that began the ...
- Fri, 24 Jun 2016 01:00:00 +0000: Supreme Court tie vote blocks temporary plan to stop deportations - Top Catholic News | AmericanCatholic.org
WASHINGTON (CNS) -- With a tie vote June 23, the U.S. Supreme Court blocked the Obama administration's plan to temporarily protect more than 4 million unauthorized immigrants from deportation.
The court's 4-4 vote leaves in place a lower court injunction blocking the administration's immigration policy with the one-page opinion stating: "The judgment ...
St. Francis and St. Tarcicius Catholic Church
Located in Mission Valley:
1st United Methodist
2111 Camino Del Rio South,
San Diego, CA. 92108
Mass 4:00 p.m. on Sundays
For more information contact our Pastor, the Reverend Fr. Jerome Kwasek.
Phone: (619) 295-1740
E-mail Father Jerry
June 2016 Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30